Friday, May 25, 2012

Atlanta Paintings for Virginia Highlands Summerfest June 2,3

Atlanta, here I come! I'll be at the Virginia Highlands Summerfest Saturday and Sunday June 2-3. I've been busy doing paintings of Atlanta landmarks. There's so many that I decided (with some help:) to focus on music venues and cool places to eat. Here's a link to the 6 I have so far - https://picasaweb.google.com/jamiecalkin/Atlanta

Below is the Variety Playhouse - with DBT on the marque.

The Vortex in Little Five Points. What a fun place to paint. I bet I'll take some more cracks at this one - might be my favorite facade I've ever painted.

2 comments:

  1. I love your work... espesially the one of little five points.... that is a true landmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i really like your painting of the Variety Playhouse. I am wondering if I could have your permission to use it in a project I am doing about the variety playhouse. This is a project is for my writing for a digital in digital media class. my email is erinhodges7@gmail.com. Please let me know if I have your permission to use it and how to cite the pic on the blog.

    ReplyDelete